CTS/CCF’s report directly to their squadron commander and are not in the chain of command. First sergeants serve as a link between commander’s and the enlisted force. Encampment first sergeants shall be vigilant in their monitoring of cadet welfare and shall notify their CTS/CC anytime a situation that could compromise cadets’ wellbeing is discovered. CTS/CCF’s shall not be placed in charge of any encampment unit. Additional duties include:
(1) Collect all AETC Form 341’s taken from squadron personnel and provide insight and recommendations to the CTS/CC to help correct the deficiencies.
(2) Observe all squadron flight sergeants and provide verbal feedback daily to each. Help the flight sergeants in weak areas and assist in setting daily goals to rapidly improve their ability to perform as a flight sergeant and Cadet NCO.
(3) Serve as the first line disciplinarian to cadets displaying poor behavior or attitude at encampment. CTS/CCF should attempt to determine what is motivating the cadet to act in that particular manner and then help the cadet work through the difficulty. ENC/CWT or ENC/CW may be asked to assist in counseling or serve as an observer as needed.
(4) Provide a knowledge base for flight staff to draw upon in all cadet areas (i.e. drill, uniforms, feedback, etc).
(5) Collect from flight staff the listing of cadets and their assigned sleeping location (bunk number). This data will be turned into administration for record keeping. Approve changes of sleeping location / bunk assignment and ensure administration is notified of the change. Note: TSS/DA are responsible for maintaining the bed locator list, however, initial assignment and changes are approved by and recorded by ENC/CD.
(6) Additional duties may be assigned by the CTS/CC